What data is expected?
This data category requires results by constituency / district for all major national electoral contests. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Result for all major electoral contests
- Number of registered votes
- Number of invalid votes
- Number of spoiled ballots
- All data should be reported at the level of the polling station
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (HTML, XLS)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes(as Election results (LegCo 2012) published by Registration and electoral office, Chief electoral officer, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Election results are available for LegCo under the 3 headings of: Geographical constituencies, District/Functional constituencies and Functional constituencies. Results are displayed in HTML tables, separated over many pages, one for each constituency. Oddly, results seem to be given as total number of votes received for a block of candidates and then indication of which single candidate from that block was elected - rather than breakdown of votes per candidate.
The data is available in machine available format in bulk. Detailed data is available in XLS for "counting stations" at http://www.elections.gov.hk/legco2012/eng/result/rs_ds.html.
- Kamil Gregor
- Rob Davidson