What data is expected?
Aggregate data about the emission of air pollutants especially those potentially harmful to human health (although it is not a requirement to include information on greenhouse gas emissions). Aggregate means national-level or available for at least three major cities. In order to satisfy the minimum requirements for this category, data must be available for the following pollutants and meet the following minimum criteria:
- Particulate matter (PM) Levels
- Sulphur oxides (SOx)
- Nitrogen oxides (NOx)
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Carbon monoxide (CO)
- Updated on at least once a week.
- Measured either at a national level by regions or at leasts in 3 big cities.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (CSV)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes(as Inquire and Download Air Quality Monitoring Data published by Environment Protection Bureau)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
This year I've updated the 'available in bulk' to 'no' because the web form requires a minimum of 300 submissions to extract all the data - as per this ongoing FOI request: https://accessinfo.hk/en/request/collated_air_quality_data
NB: the FOI response is currently asking for a large sum to provide the data in bulk, but I have not altered the 'available for free' setting from 'yes' because in theory, the data is available for free if you are willing to use the web form sufficient times.
Air quality Index data (which is based upon the raw data from air quality monitoring network) is available at: http://www.aqhi.gov.hk/epd/ddata/html/out/24aqhi_Eng.xml
all Pollution are measured except for VOCs
- yar michl
- Rob Davidson