What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Unsure
- Publicly available? Yes(as Digital Topographic Map (B100k-OM) published by Survey and Mapping Office , Lands Department)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Digital Topographic Map (B100k-OM) The B100k-OM is a topographic map of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. It shows the key geographical features and is suitable for map applications in 1:100 000 scale. The image for download is geo-referenced to the local coordinate system in Hong Kong 1980 Grid.
Digital Orthophoto Map (DOPM100-L0-OM) The DOPM100-L0-OM is an orthophoto map of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. It is mosaicked from geometrically rectified aerial photographs and constructed for measurement accurate to 1:100 000 scale. The image for download is geo-referenced to the local coordinate system in Hong Kong 1980 Grid. (Remark: The area beyond the Hong Kong territory is produced from Landsat-7 satellite image.)
The data is digital, public, free, online, and available in bulk, however, it is not machine readable, or openly licensed, and it is unclear as to updates.
- Gil Zaretzer
- Rob Davidson