What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes(Here)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (tiff, gdb, shp)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? No published by Landmælingar Íslands)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? No (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Yes
English version of license terms is available at: http://www.lmi.is/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/licenceNLSI.pdf Users have to register to have access to the service. A download link is provided that can be used during 2 days from the registered IP. Raster maps are provided for the following scales: 1:25.000, 1:100.000 and 1:250.000
Access to the data of the national survey of Iceland is not considered as online or public by this index, since one has to register and recive a download link to access the information and cannot look at it without doing so.
- Gil Zaretzer
- Yuhan Ma