What data is expected?
A database of postcodes/zipcodes and the corresponding spatial locations in terms of a latitude and a longitude (or similar coordinates in an openly published national coordinate system). If a postcode/zipcode system does not exist in the country, please submit a dataset of administrative borders. Data submitted in this category must satisfy the following minimum conditions
- Coordinate (latitude longitude)
- national level
updated once a year
- Boarders poligone
- name of poligone (city, neighborhood)
- national level
- updated once a year
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes(Here)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (DSV SHP)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes published by Þjóðskrá Íslands / Landmælingar Íslands)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The data comes from two different public bodies. Access address registry is available from Þjóðskrá Íslands (National registry). Border polygons come from Landmælingar Íslands (National land survey).
National land survey's website requires registration where a link (which expires in 2 days) is emailed to the user. However the national open data portal, http://opingogn.is contains a direct link to the data without registration. That can be regarded as an official source for this index.
Links to data and license are restricted to the access address registry. Boundaries are available at http://opingogn.is/dataset/is-50v-mork-isn93 under this license http://www.lmi.is/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Almskilm.pdf
- Codrina Maria Ilie
- Tryggvi Björgvinsson