What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (WMS)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes(as Bhuvan Geoportal - It allows users to explore a 2D/3D representation of the surface to view India, offering the highest resolution in this region and providing content in four local languages. Apart from visualization Bhuvan provides free satellite data and a products download facility and rich thematic datasets. Bhuvan is using a crowdsourcing approach to enrich its maps and collect point of interest data. published by National Remote Sensing Centre)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The data is fully available in the OGD India website mentioned above with their links. The information available on OGD India and is completely open for reuse and further studies and research. Maps are available at https://data.gov.in/catalog/bhuvan-geoportal-nrscisro#web_catalog_tabs_block_10.
Bhuvan (http://bhuvan.nrsc.gov.in/data/download/index.php) is the gateway on Indian Earth Observation. It gives an easy way to experience, explore and visualize IRS images over Indian region. Bhuvan platform provides wide ranging information through its interactive maps and a number of products which are available on its site. The data is available for download to every one and the policy clearly states that the data can be distributed and further used for developing applications and research. But data doesn't include administrative boundaries, public equipments, transport systems, etc.
Survey of India (http://www.surveyofindia.gov.in/), the National Survey and Mapping Organisation of the country under the Department of Science & Technology, provides varrious types of mapping data. The full list of available mapping products is here: https://www.surveyofindia.gov.in/pages/display/59-publications.
The license here - https://data.gov.in/sites/default/files/NDSAP.pdf does not considered open
License is not open
- Mor Rubinstein
- Mor Rubinstein