What data is expected?
Records of actual (past) national government spending at a detailed transactional level; A database of contracts awarded or similar will not considered sufficient. This data category refers to detailed ongoing data on actual expenditure. Data submitted in this category should meet the following minimum criteria:
- Individual record of transactions.
- Date of the transactions
- Government office which had the transaction
- Name of vendor
- amount of the transaction
- Update on a monthly basis
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? No
- Publicly available? No(as Controller General of Accounts - Controller General of Accounts is the principal Accounts Adviser to the Government of India and is responsible for establishing and maintaining a technically sound management accounting system. He prepares a critical analysis of expenditures, revenues, borrowings and the deficit for the Finance Minister every month. He also prepares annual Appropriation Accounts (Civil) and Union Finance Accounts for presentation to the parliament. published by Controller General of Accounts, Ministry of Finance, Government of India)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? No (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Yes
National expenditure data is available on the website of Controller General of Accounts, Ministry of Finance at http://cga.nic.in/Forms/Accountingproc.aspx and appropritaion account tab contains ministry and department wise Expenditure data at http://cga.nic.in/forms/List.aspx?Lid=3310&id=36 . The data available on the Controller General of Accounts Website is up to date and totally free for public. The OGD India also provides important datasets on government spending and outlays which is totally in the machine readable format. The data available on the Data portal is open for reuse and further study. Data is also available on the Ministry of Finance website "http://www.finmin.nic.in/the_ministry/dept_expenditure/cca/cca_exp_stat.asp".
All this data is unfortunately aggregated but it does indicated that the data exists and is digital.
- Tryggvi Björgvinsson
- Akhilesh Srivastava