What data is expected?
Key national statistics such as demographic and economic indicators (GDP, unemployment, population, etc). To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- GDP for the whole country updated at least quarterly
- Unemployment statistics updated at least monthly
- Population updated at least once a year
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes(Here)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (XLS,CSV)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes published by Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation, Government of India)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
All the national statistics data are open to public, reusable and freely available in Data Portal India. The Data has been shared under National Data Sharing and Accessibility Policy – 2012 (NDSAP-2012). This was a unique initiative taken by Govt of India to facilitate access to Government of India owned shareable data and information in both human readable and machine readable forms.
Data is available on the national open data portal, not on the Statistics ministry website.
- Mor Rubinstein
- SUSISahoo KUMAR L