What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Unsure (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Unsure
- Is the data machine readable? Unsure (n/a)
- Available in bulk? Unsure
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Unsure
- Publicly available? Unsure
- Is data in digital form? Unsure
- Is the data available online? Unsure (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Unsure
Iran National Cartographic Centre (http://www.ncc.org.ir/) seemed to be down when we tried to access it.
The map section of the National Geoscience Database of Iran (http://www.ngdir.ir/Maps/Maps.asp) is under construction. While the map here (http://www.ngdir.ir/thematicgeology/Geology.asp) is not up to scale, and doesn't show roads or administrative boundaries.
The site is still under construction so still unsure
- Gil Zaretzer
- Tarek Amr