What data is expected?
5 days forecast of temperature, precipitation and wind as well as recorded data for temperature, wind and precipitation for the past year. In order to satisfy the minimum requirements for this category, data submitted should meet the following criteria:
- 5 days forecast of temperature updated daily
- 5 days forecast of wind updated daily
- 5 days forecast of precipitation updated daily
- Historical temperature data for the past year
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes published by I.R. of Iran Meteorological Organization (IRIMO))
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
When you click on the map on the homepage here (http://www.irimo.ir/eng/index.php), it gives you 4 days forecast (including current day) for each region, but only temperatures for upcoming days, while precipitation is only expressed in terms like, Thunder Shower. Wind speed is only available for current day, as well as wind direction and humidity. Check example here (http://www.irimo.ir/eng/wd/701-Weather-Forcast-Esfahan.html?id=17556)
You can search for historic data here (http://www.irimo.ir/eng/wd/720-Products-Services.html#report_builder_form), but you have to provide date, time and station, one by one. The result include, temperature, wind speed, wind direction, rainfall and pressure. With a resolution of 3 hours for each day.
This submission is accepted as the dataset contains 4 days of forecast data for temperature, wind, and precipitation, as well as historical data.
- Neal Bastek
- Tarek Amr