What data is expected?
Aggregate data about the emission of air pollutants especially those potentially harmful to human health (although it is not a requirement to include information on greenhouse gas emissions). Aggregate means national-level or available for at least three major cities. In order to satisfy the minimum requirements for this category, data must be available for the following pollutants and meet the following minimum criteria:
- Particulate matter (PM) Levels
- Sulphur oxides (SOx)
- Nitrogen oxides (NOx)
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Carbon monoxide (CO)
- Updated on at least once a week.
- Measured either at a national level by regions or at leasts in 3 big cities.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Unsure (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Unsure
- Is the data machine readable? Unsure (n/a)
- Available in bulk? Unsure
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Unsure
- Publicly available? Unsure
- Is data in digital form? Unsure
- Is the data available online? Unsure (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Unsure
There is a study dated to 2004 has some figures for CO, SO2, Pb, and TSP in air pollution in Baghdad published on Ministry of environment website. (http://www.moen.gov.iq/Portals/0/Studies/%D9%85%D8%AA%D8%A7%D8%A8%D8%B9%D8%A9%20%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AD%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%AA%20%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%B1%D8%B6%D9%8A%D8%A9%20%D8%B0%D8%A7%D8%AA%20%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%82%D8%A9%20%D8%A8%D9%85%D9%84%D9%88%D8%AB%D8%A7%D8%AA%20%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%87%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%A1.pdf)
add by yaron it seem that some Monitoring may Exist
Enviro' & Industrial Solutions ME provided the Environment Directorate Karbala Governorate their Air Quality Monitoring Network. Ten (10) stations are installed in strategically identified zones as part of the Environment Directorate’s continuous, conscious effort and commitment to protect the environment
- yar michl
- Sadeek Hasna