What data is expected?
Key national statistics such as demographic and economic indicators (GDP, unemployment, population, etc). To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- GDP for the whole country updated at least quarterly
- Unemployment statistics updated at least monthly
- Population updated at least once a year
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes(Here)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (CSV, TSV, px, txt, xls, html, Beyond 20/20,)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes published by Central Statistics Office (CSO))
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
There are multiple databases provided. Multiple data variables are selected from drop down menus and are then downloadable in mulitple formats.
Data pivot tables are also available in beyond 20/20 which is a norm for data users in this domain.
Data are also available as linked data http://data.cso.ie/
The data are available under two IP regimes and an access policy,
- "Statistics disseminated on this site are copyright of The Government of Ireland" http://www.cso.ie/en/aboutus/copyrightpolicy/ and "
- The statistics and other information provided on this site are accessible free of charge and licensed under Creative Commons Attribution (version 4.0 cc-by)" http://cso.ie/en/aboutus/copyrightpolicy/
- Publication on the Web Policy http://www.cso.ie/en/aboutus/dissemination/publicationpolicyontheweb/
Many formats available for data that are current and open.
- Zach Christensen