What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? No (HTML)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Unsure
- Publicly available? Yes(as The Governmental Map Website | אתר המפות הממשלתי published by Survey of Israel (Israel Mappipng Center))
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The Data is available but need a consent from the office for being use in other projects. It is replacing an old and disfunctional national map site. It is not clear when and how often it is being updated.
There are some layers which are clearly up-to-date (e.g. bus stations, lanes, routes), while others are clearly not - and there is no metadata to differentiate or even indicate which layer is up to date or not.
Moreover, the only export option available of the data is to export PNG (=image) files, and no textual/geospatial data is available for download.
I have reviewed this entry and everything seems correct.
- Gil Zaretzer
- ido ivri