What data is expected?
National government budget at a high level. This category is looking at budgets, or the planned government expenditure for the upcoming year, and not the actual expenditure. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Planned budget divided by government department and sub-department
- Updated once a year.
- The budget should include descriptions regarding the different budget sections.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes(Here)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (CSV, Excel)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes published by Ragioneria Generale dello Stato)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The General Accounting Office publishes data on central government spending of the state in time series from 2007 and processable format. The data allow to follow the evolution of resources allocated, committed and paid from the state budget, broken down into the public policy goals (missions and programs), the economic nature of the expenditure (by title and economic category), the nature of 'legislative authorization (by type of authorization) and the administration responsible for the implementation and management (accounting). [amended: it is possible to download state 2013 budget as xls from http://www.rgs.mef.gov.it/_Documenti/VERSIONE-I/Servizio-s/Studi-e-do/La-spesa-d/Tavole/1-BP-2013.xls under IODL2 as well as other documents mentioned above]
Since it state open data in the site, it can be linked to the dati site license. However, the whole website was protected by copyright - http://www.rgs.mef.gov.it/VERSIONE-I/Note-Legal/Copyright/index.html The better possibility would be to fix the copyright of the whole site. I did left the submission as is and marked License as open.
- Mor Rubinstein
- Francesca De Chiara