What data is expected?
This data category requires results by constituency / district for all major national electoral contests. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Result for all major electoral contests
- Number of registered votes
- Number of invalid votes
- Number of spoiled ballots
- All data should be reported at the level of the polling station
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? No (Excel)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? No
- Publicly available? No
- Is data in digital form? No
- Is the data available online? No (Here)
- Does the data exist? No
Most of data is now available in Excel format. Some minor data is still in PDF, though.
Other dataset could be seen from here. * http://www.soumu.go.jp/senkyo/senkyo_s/data/index.html#chapter1
"3) Prohibited use" makes the data non-open.
The submission does not fit the definition, as far as I can tell. The English version of the website did not display the data, but even using Translate, I am pretty sure that this is prefecture-level data, aggregating for millions of people. I did not find any large datasets there with polling station results, or any other detailed stats.
- Kamil Gregor
- Satoshi IIDA