What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (GML)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? No(as Base Map of Japan published by Geospatial Information Authority of Japan)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Basemap data is protected by Survey Law.
Users need to register in order to download, and a fee is requiered, thus it is neiter public nor free.
- Gil Zaretzer
- Satoshi IIDA