What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Unsure
- Publicly available? Yes(as Kuwait Map published by Kuwait Portal (eGov))
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Kuwaiti government online has a page for Kuwaiti map but there is an error in the page (http://www.e.gov.kw/sites/kgoArabic/Portal/Pages/Others/KuwaitMap.aspx).
The municipality of Kuwaiti has a map fro Kuwaiti linked with google maps (http://gis1.baladia.gov.kw/).
Reviewer's comment: When checking again, the map worked. It has zoom up to 1:150,000, further zooms sometimes don't show anything, though, it apparently provide zoom up to 1:5,000 for some locations. The map has marks for roads, national borders, etc. Not sure when it is updated though.
Map doesn't work again so I'm approving the last conclusions.
- Gil Zaretzer
- Tarek Amr