What data is expected?
National government budget at a high level. This category is looking at budgets, or the planned government expenditure for the upcoming year, and not the actual expenditure. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Planned budget divided by government department and sub-department
- Updated once a year.
- The budget should include descriptions regarding the different budget sections.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (XLS)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes published by LR Finanšu ministrija)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The state budget for recent years is published as semi-structured XLS files (cell text indentation level shows budget entry hierarchy, not entirely machine-readable): http://www.fm.gov.lv/files/valstsbudzets/2014/4piel_2014_budzets_131113.xls
URL for state budget 2014: http://www.fm.gov.lv/lv/sadalas/valsts_budzets/2014__gada_budzets/
- see "4.pielikums" for the main budget and "5.pielikums" for the special / social insurance fund budget
The archive of state budget data for previous years (year 2013 shown by default, see the sidebar for earlier years): http://www.fm.gov.lv/lv/sadalas/valsts_budzets/valsts_budzeta_likums_arhivs/2013_gads/
Update (2015): situation is the same as in 2014. Updated the dataset URL field to the current year (state budget 2015).
- The State of Open Data in Latvia: 2014. Baltic J. Modern Computing, Vol. 2 (2014), No. 3, 160-170 - http://arxiv.org/abs/1406.5052
I have reviewed the submission and it is correct.
- Mor Rubinstein
- Uldis Bojars