What data is expected?
List of registered (limited liability) companies. The submissions in this data category does not need to include detailed financial data such as balance sheet etc. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Name of company
- Unique identifier of the company
- Company address
- Updated at least once a month
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (CSV files + a TXT describing CSV file structure; XLSX files)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes(as Republic of Latvia Company Register
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Enterprise register's data is published in a structured form and updated daily. Benefits from timely updates: organisations requiring Enterprise register statistics can just grab the file instead of filing official requests, thus saving time and effort.
Files include basic information about enterprises but lack more detailed information. Enterprise register sells access to detailed information to commercial companies for a considerable fee (in tens of thousands EUR) which can resell this information to everyone else.
This is one of the best open data examples in Latvia, but it is difficult to find - you have to know the URL of the open data server or the path to take through register's website in order to find a link to the open data server.
Update 2015: situation has not changed since 2014 and the answers are the same (URL valid, dataset updated regularly).
Added title and more specific URL. Looks good :)
- Rebecca Sentance
- Uldis Bojars