What data is expected?
This data category requires results by constituency / district for all major national electoral contests. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Result for all major electoral contests
- Number of registered votes
- Number of invalid votes
- Number of spoiled ballots
- All data should be reported at the level of the polling station
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (XML)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes published by Centrālā vēlēšanu komisija)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The Central Election Commission publishes election results (for both general and EP elections). Each election instance, however, has its own web page and there is no central starting point where you could find all results together.
I was not sure if the dataset qualifies as machine-readable -- the situation varies in every case with most results available as HTML tables located on multiple web pages:
- 12th Saeima election (the most recent general election) results are published as XML: http://sv2014.cvk.lv/index_rez.html
- 2014 European Parliament election results are published as HTML tables only: http://ep2014.cvk.lv/index_rez.html
- 11th Saeima election results are published are published as HTML tables only: http://www.cvk.lv/cgi-bin/wdbcgiw/base/Saeima11.GalRez_s11
- the formats of earlier election results vary, but are either HTML tables (semi-machine-readable) or not machine-readable
- The State of Open Data in Latvia: 2014. Baltic J. Modern Computing, Vol. 2 (2014), No. 3, 160-170 - http://arxiv.org/abs/1406.5052
Update (2015): the situation is the same as in 2014. There have been no new election since then.
The data is available in bulk. The XML files contain the full results.
- Kamil Gregor
- Uldis Bojars