What data is expected?
Aggregate data about the emission of air pollutants especially those potentially harmful to human health (although it is not a requirement to include information on greenhouse gas emissions). Aggregate means national-level or available for at least three major cities. In order to satisfy the minimum requirements for this category, data must be available for the following pollutants and meet the following minimum criteria:
- Particulate matter (PM) Levels
- Sulphur oxides (SOx)
- Nitrogen oxides (NOx)
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Carbon monoxide (CO)
- Updated on at least once a week.
- Measured either at a national level by regions or at leasts in 3 big cities.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (CSV, XSLX or PX-Axis files)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? No
- Publicly available? Yes(as Weather conditions and air quality in Latvia published by Central Statistical Bureau)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Air polution monitoring data is published once a month. Queries can be made for custom time periods. Measurements include the maximum concentration of carbon dioxide, nitrogen dioxide, ozone and particulate matter.
Air quality measurements are taken by automatic DOAS OPSIS stations ensuring continuous registration of polluting substances.
Not sure if we should consider this dataset timely or not. Changed the answer to "unsure" for now. While the dataset is published regularly and in a timely manner, each location has just one measurement set per month.
This dataset has 3 types of measurements out of 5 listed in the census criteria. It does not include measurements for Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and Carbon monoxide (CO).
- The State of Open Data in Latvia: 2014. Baltic J. Modern Computing, Vol. 2 (2014), No. 3, 160-170 - http://arxiv.org/abs/1406.5052
- yar michl
- Uldis Bojars