What data is expected?
Data, measured at the water source, on the quality of water is essential for both the delivery of services and the prevention of diseases. In order to satisfy the minimum requirements for this category, data should be available on level of the following chemicals by water source and be updated at least weekly:
- fecal coliform
- fluoride levels
- TDS (Total dissolved solids)
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Unsure (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Unsure
- Publicly available? Yes(as Water Quality published by Latvijas Vides,Geologijas un Meteorologijas Centrs)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
There are several institutions monitoring water quality. VSIA "Latvijas Vides, ģeoloģijas un meteoroloģijas centrs" (http://www.meteo.lv) gathers most of the data: http://parissrv.lvgmc.lv/#viewType=home_view There is no protocol for data to be updated on weekly basis. Some of the chemicals for example "fecal coliform" only is tested if there is a request for it.
Data is available in reports.
- Nisha Thompson
- Toms Ceļmillers