What data is expected?
National government budget at a high level. This category is looking at budgets, or the planned government expenditure for the upcoming year, and not the actual expenditure. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Planned budget divided by government department and sub-department
- Updated once a year.
- The budget should include descriptions regarding the different budget sections.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (XML)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes(as Budget published by Ministry of Finance)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
PDF files that contain information on the government's budget for a given year can be found on the website of the Ministry of Finance. Data is available since 2008. A link to an XML file of the Budget exists but it's broken.
Reviewer's note - I was able to access the XML file in this address - http://www.finance.gov.mk/files/u6/budzet%202015.xml Therefore I changed the machine readable section to Yes.
Machine readable version was working. Changed the answer to Yes.
- Mor Rubinstein
- Metamorphosis Foundation