What data is expected?
This data category requires results by constituency / district for all major national electoral contests. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Result for all major electoral contests
- Number of registered votes
- Number of invalid votes
- Number of spoiled ballots
- All data should be reported at the level of the polling station
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? No
- Publicly available? No
- Is data in digital form? No
- Is the data available online? No (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? No
From the Election Commission of Malaysia official portal (link: http://www.spr.gov.my/index.php/component/content/article?layout=edit&id=74%20target=), the datasets provided were incomplete. There were only 2 elections results provided which is the results for the 13th (2013-current) and 12th (2008-2013) Parliament of Malaysia. In order to get complete information, the public have to make a request to the Election Commission of Malaysia. Given that the institution is in the Federal State territory, submitting for Freedom of Information request is impossible because there is no Freedom of Information Act for the Federal State Wilayah Persekutuan. Therefore, the public can refer to 3rd party who did published these datasets online http://everypolitician.org/malaysia/.
The submission does not meet the definition. The site referred to in Comments only contains country-level results.
- Kamil Gregor
- Hazwany Jamaluddin