What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Unsure (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? Unsure (n/a)
- Available in bulk? Unsure
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Unsure
- Publicly available? Unsure
- Is data in digital form? No
- Is the data available online? Unsure (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Yes
From the Department of Survey and Mapping Malaysia official portal, there datasets are not available. Given that the institution is in the Federal State territory, submitting for Freedom of Information request is impossible because there is no Freedom of Information Act for the Federal State Wilayah Persekutuan.
the Department of Survey and Mapping Malaysia official portal seems to offer different kinds of maps and data for sale, but the catalauge doesn't work at the time of this review, thus the data exists, not for free, and the rest is unknown in my opinion.
- Gil Zaretzer
- Hazwany Jamaluddin