What data is expected?
Key national statistics such as demographic and economic indicators (GDP, unemployment, population, etc). To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- GDP for the whole country updated at least quarterly
- Unemployment statistics updated at least monthly
- Population updated at least once a year
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? No
- Publicly available? Yes published by Haut Commissariat au Plan)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Unemployment rate is here, but no updates since last year (2014) http://www.hcp.ma/Taux-de-Chomage-selon-le-sexe_a256.html
However it is mainly projections based on the results of the census of 2004 and 2009/2010. No traces of more recent census.
We found more updated version for the population on the Open Data portal in XLS format (for 2014) http://www.data.gov.ma/data/fr/dataset/population-legale
We found GDP data here, but not up to date http://www.data.gov.ma/data/fr/dataset/comptes-nationaux-pib-en-volume-et-contribution-a-la-croissance
The question about licensing is tricky to answer: when it boils down to the HCP, the data and content it provides are property of the institution. The Open Data portal has an unclear status: each dataset here is individually licensed under the ODbL yet the website itself and all its content are copyrighted by the eGov unit (data.gov.ma has no indication whatsoever on its 'License' page: http://www.data.gov.ma/fr/licence). Thus, the copyright mention has priority and the data is considered non-open.
Data are reasonably current but not up to date or openly licensed.
- Zach Christensen
- Tarek Amr