What data is expected?
Aggregate data about the emission of air pollutants especially those potentially harmful to human health (although it is not a requirement to include information on greenhouse gas emissions). Aggregate means national-level or available for at least three major cities. In order to satisfy the minimum requirements for this category, data must be available for the following pollutants and meet the following minimum criteria:
- Particulate matter (PM) Levels
- Sulphur oxides (SOx)
- Nitrogen oxides (NOx)
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Carbon monoxide (CO)
- Updated on at least once a week.
- Measured either at a national level by regions or at leasts in 3 big cities.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Unsure (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Unsure (n/a)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Unsure
- Publicly available? Yes published by Central Bureau of Statistics)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Central Bureau of Statistics, Nepal maintains the statistics about different sectors of Nepal. This dataset is found in the report called "Environment Statistics of Nepal". The data is available in a pdf document, and not in a machine readable format. The data is not updated yearly.
Dataset contains required data of air pollutants available in a government website.
- Kshitiz Khanal
- Nikesh Balami