What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes(Here)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (shape, GML)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? No
- Publicly available? Yes(as Basisregistratie Topografie published by Kadaster)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The full data set is openly licensed (CC-BY) and available via direct download on the PDOK website in scale 1:50,000 (700MB) and 1:10,000 (2GB).
There is further information available on the website of Kadaster (http://www.kadaster.nl) but they do request registration first. Data is available there in several scales starting from 1:5000 until 1:250,000.
The current data is outdated however, with part of the map data from 2013 (also in the prospective release in Nov). Therefore changed 'up-to-date' to 'no'.
Review: everything seems correct
- Gil Zaretzer
- Sander van der Waal