What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? Unsure (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? No
- Publicly available? No
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? No (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The official website of the National Boundary Commission that should release the digital maps is unavailable.
Their official website s now available at http://www.boundarycommission.gov.ng/ but the maps tab has no information yet.
Maybe the Office of the Surveyor General of the Federation as well at http://osgof.gov.ng/ They have aggregates of digital maps domiciled in their offices, and might make it available online soon
Officials maps are not available in SVG or other open formats that can be reused for further development.
- Oluseun Onigbinde
- Oludotun Babayemi