What data is expected?
Aggregate data about the emission of air pollutants especially those potentially harmful to human health (although it is not a requirement to include information on greenhouse gas emissions). Aggregate means national-level or available for at least three major cities. In order to satisfy the minimum requirements for this category, data must be available for the following pollutants and meet the following minimum criteria:
- Particulate matter (PM) Levels
- Sulphur oxides (SOx)
- Nitrogen oxides (NOx)
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Carbon monoxide (CO)
- Updated on at least once a week.
- Measured either at a national level by regions or at leasts in 3 big cities.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (Excel)
- Available in bulk? Unsure
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes(as Current (daily) readings from air monitoring stations in Norway. published by Norwegian Institute for Air Research (NILU.no))
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Luftkvalitet.info is run by Norwegian Institute for Air Research (NILU.no) on behalf of the Norwegian Environment Agency (miljodirektoratet.no).
The Environment Agency also have aggregate statistics available as open data at http://www.miljostatus.no
Note that measurement of benzene ("VOCs") seems to be done by lab analysis, and is not available weekly.
Luftkvalitet.no has data available for download, but you have to be registered: http://www.luftkvalitet.info/omnettstedet.aspx This seems to be so that they can add you to their mailinglist where you get information about downtime due to maintenance etc. You are not given an individual user account.
There's some parallel environmental information, also in free ( by attribution) machine readable form, available from Statistics Norway http://ssb.no/natur-og-miljo?innholdstype=statistikk / google translated: http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=no&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fssb.no%2Fnatur-og-miljo%3Finnholdstype%3Dstatistikk
Note to reviewer: changed machine-readable to yes. Data queried from front end can be downloaded as an Excel-file suitable for machine-reading.
Data can be retrieved in machine readable form. I have changed the submission according to the submitter.
- Mor Rubinstein
- Bergheimivar L