What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (n/a)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
As of 26.09.2013 extensive portions of Norwegian map data is released in digital form, under a open license ( CC 3.0 BA ) - the announcement is here: http://www.kartverket.no/Om-Kartverket/Nyheter/Nasjonale-kartdata-blir-gratis/ New maps will be added, but at this point in time Norway maps with a resolution 1:50 000 and up, are available, here: http://data.kartverket.no/download/ 2d views, terrain models, location names, road data, and boundary maps are all part of this map release. An online (WMS) version of the maps is available, freely, here: http://beta.norgeskart.no/