What data is expected?
5 days forecast of temperature, precipitation and wind as well as recorded data for temperature, wind and precipitation for the past year. In order to satisfy the minimum requirements for this category, data submitted should meet the following criteria:
- 5 days forecast of temperature updated daily
- 5 days forecast of wind updated daily
- 5 days forecast of precipitation updated daily
- Historical temperature data for the past year
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes(Here)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (XML)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes(as Met.no provides free weather data through APIs and services. Forecasts are also available via yr.no - a joint service with NRK - the norwegian national brodcasting corportation (http://www.nrk.no/) published by Norwegian Meteorological Institute (met.no))
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Qa review- The license indicates that there is data in a machine readable format. I found the data in XML format and changed the submission.
Submission 2015-11-23: - Changed publisher to the meteorological institute, in stead of yr.no, which re-use their data. - Changed bulk-download from "Unsure" to "Yes". - Changed link to data to point to the Norwegian Meteorological Institute's web page about open data. From that page, there's links to api.met.no and yr.no for weather forecasts and to other services for bulk-downloads and historical data.
See previous comment for more details: http://global.census.okfn.org/submission/b136b239-d962-437f-9bb9-69de95a2296a#comments
Data is available in bulk. Submission accepted.
- Mor Rubinstein
- Bergheimivar L