What data is expected?
Key national statistics such as demographic and economic indicators (GDP, unemployment, population, etc). To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- GDP for the whole country updated at least quarterly
- Unemployment statistics updated at least monthly
- Population updated at least once a year
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes(Here)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (xlsx, PDF, PPT)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? No
- Publicly available? Yes(as National statistics such as population, housing, foreign trade, national accounts and more. published by National Centre for Statistics and Information)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Annual GDP up to 2013.
Population up to 2014 (note that the dashboard seems to label the total population "expatriates")
No unemployment data.
Data are licensed open but not very strong coverage.
- Zach Christensen
- Riyadh Al-Balushi