What data is expected?
5 days forecast of temperature, precipitation and wind as well as recorded data for temperature, wind and precipitation for the past year. In order to satisfy the minimum requirements for this category, data submitted should meet the following criteria:
- 5 days forecast of temperature updated daily
- 5 days forecast of wind updated daily
- 5 days forecast of precipitation updated daily
- Historical temperature data for the past year
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Unsure
- Is the data machine readable? Unsure (n/a)
- Available in bulk? Unsure
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Unsure
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Unsure (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Yes
IPMA is the entity responsible for weather monitoring.
10-day forecasts are available in the Forecast page, fulfilling all requirements of this category for weather forecasts.
However, there is no apparent reference to a comprehensive historical temperature dataset. There are monthly charts/maps available, but not daily data. I've inquired on their website to see if there's anything.
The license terms forbid commercial use.
The open license question was changed to 'no' based on the dataset not being available for commercial use.
Otherwise, the submission is accepted as is.
- Neal Bastek
- Ricardo Lafuente