What data is expected?
National government budget at a high level. This category is looking at budgets, or the planned government expenditure for the upcoming year, and not the actual expenditure. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Planned budget divided by government department and sub-department
- Updated once a year.
- The budget should include descriptions regarding the different budget sections.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (XML, PDF)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes(as National Budget published by Minister of Finance)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The state budget is published as soon as it is approved by the Parliament on a special page maintained by the Ministry of Public Finance. The budget is presented as a set of PDF documents, and, starting with 2014, also in XML format (scroll down to the bottom of the budget page for the link).
However, the XML format does not include the budget rectifications, which are only available in separate PDF files. Also, there is no updated version of the budget after rectifications, which means that one should take the provisions from the rectification bills and apply them to the original budget.
I have reviewed the data and it is correct.
- Mor Rubinstein
- Ovidiu Voicu