What data is expected?
This data category requires results by constituency / district for all major national electoral contests. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Result for all major electoral contests
- Number of registered votes
- Number of invalid votes
- Number of spoiled ballots
- All data should be reported at the level of the polling station
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes(Here)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (XLS)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes(as Election results published by Permanent Electoral Authority)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The Romanian Permanent Electoral Authority set up a portal where the results of the elections can be retrieved in XLS format. Usually, the results are published immediately after their validation by the Constitutional Court. Only the results of the more recent elections (after 2004) are available in re-usable format. Although the data is not explicitly licensed on their website, the datasets with the most recent elections (2009+) are also available on the Government's Open Data Portal - http://data.gov.ro/organization/autoritatea-electorala-permanenta - thus the positive answer to the specific question.
The data can be downloaded for each scrutiny from separate pages. The Authority also set up a page where all data is available, including online viewers, at http://alegeri.roaep.ro/, but it is working intermittently.
The submission is correct.
- Kamil Gregor
- Ovidiu Voicu