What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Unsure (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Unsure
- Is the data machine readable? Unsure (n/a)
- Available in bulk? Unsure
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Unsure
- Publicly available? Yes(as Official maps of Saudi (general, baseline, terrain, etc) published by General Commission for Survey)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? No (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Yes
General Commission for Survey of Saudi ( http://www.gcs.gov.sa/Home.aspx ) is responsible for maintaining and publishing official maps of Saudi. Maps at the detail level required by the index (1:25000) ( http://www.gcs.gov.sa/Products/DetailedMaps.aspx ) cannot be downloaded from the website and can only acquired by request. It is not clear from the website if payment is required to acquire these maps.
Everything seems correct
- Gil Zaretzer
- Riyadh Al-Balushi