What data is expected?
Aggregate data about the emission of air pollutants especially those potentially harmful to human health (although it is not a requirement to include information on greenhouse gas emissions). Aggregate means national-level or available for at least three major cities. In order to satisfy the minimum requirements for this category, data must be available for the following pollutants and meet the following minimum criteria:
- Particulate matter (PM) Levels
- Sulphur oxides (SOx)
- Nitrogen oxides (NOx)
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Carbon monoxide (CO)
- Updated on at least once a week.
- Measured either at a national level by regions or at leasts in 3 big cities.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? No
- Publicly available? Yes published by CENTRE DE GESTION DE LA QUALITE DE L’AIR)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The government have adopted a standard(1) related to the atmospheric pollution surveillance, and that standard precise that the mesures will be done by quaterly. But there is no evidence that the mesures are effectively done. For the city of dakar, there is a website where polluttants data are published(2). 1. http://www.denv.gouv.sn/index.php?option=com_joomdoc&task=doc_download&gid=27&Itemid=59 2. http://www.air-dakar.org/images/pdf/bulletins/bulletin_dec_2014.pdf
add by Reviewer 3.it now seem the data is Measured the last data is from 02 octobre 2015 its stil not Is provided on a timely and up to date basis of a week 4,and the Detailled readings, for each pollutants and expressed in mg/m3 is not available. Instead, only 4 levels are provided (good, moderate, unhealyhy and very unhealthy) without much information about the dominent pollutants and thresholds. http://aqicn.org/country/senegal/ also it seem the data is only for the city of dakar
- yar michl