What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (SHP)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? No published by The Singapore Land Authority)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? No (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The Singapore Lands Agency will provide digitised mapping information, but this is sold and not under an open licence. In addition the SLA make available a mapping API (One Map) similar to Google Maps, but the terms make clear that the mapping information within the API cannot be used elsewhere (see http://www.onemap.sg/home/TermsOfUse.html section 3(b)(i) "you shall not: store, download, archive, print, distribute, reproduce, copy, modify, edit, transmit, upload in any medium or incorporate into any other materials, any of the Site or the Material; or" 2015 -
Data is updated regularly and after payment it is available in bulk.
Data can be bought here - http://www.onemap.sg
I changed "publicly available" to "no" because it is only available to business applying for the data, I changed "machine readable" to "yes" since they are selling the data it makes sense that it would be usefull, I changed "available online" to "no" because it is not, the only thing available online to the publis is a map viewer where they can save picture files but not get the actual data. Data after payment is available in bulk and is timely, according to the government feedback to us.
- Mor Rubinstein
- Mor Rubinstein