National Map 10% open
What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Unsure
- Publicly available? No(as 1:250 000 Topo-Cadastral maps published by National Geo-spatial Information, a component of the Dept of Rural Development and Land Reform)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? No (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Yes
National Geo-spatial Information (NGI), a component of Department of Rural Development and Land Reform (DRDLR) commenced with the establishment of an integrated survey system and provision of extensive mapping coverage of the country. NGI is also known as South Africa's national mapping organisation.
I have reviewed the data and it seems correct.
- Gil Zaretzer
- Greg Kempe