What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (Shapefile)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? No
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? No (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Introducing the new address system called "Road Name Address", The Ministry of Government Administration and Home Affairs (MOGAHA) of Korea, Republic of have developed a new electronic map with the help of the Korea Local Information Research & Development Institute (KLID). This map can be downloaded on the Website of the National Spatial Information Clearinghouse (NSIC) after the registration. The data is not open, but anyone can request and download it. Also, people can download daily updates of the address system and its corresponding map data on the Korean Website of "Road Name Address" after the separate registration.
I have reviewed this entry and found it is correct. It is worth noting that there is also an online map viewer, open without registration, with limited PDF saving options, here: http://m1.juso.go.kr/eng/standardmap/MapIndex.do
- Gil Zaretzer
- James G. Boram Kim