What data is expected?
Records of actual (past) national government spending at a detailed transactional level; A database of contracts awarded or similar will not considered sufficient. This data category refers to detailed ongoing data on actual expenditure. Data submitted in this category should meet the following minimum criteria:
- Individual record of transactions.
- Date of the transactions
- Government office which had the transaction
- Name of vendor
- amount of the transaction
- Update on a monthly basis
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? No
- Publicly available? No
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? No (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Yes
In the same way with the government budget dataset, the government spending dataset is also available on the Open Fiscal Data site managed by the Ministry of Strategy and Finance of the Republic of Korea. However, the publicly available government spending dataset is only at high level, not at transaction-level.
Whenever a transaction occurs in the government, the Open Fiscal Data site is used to record it so we can say that the dataset with transaction-level data exists in the database of the system.
Submission is correct.
Minor changes because dataset is not published.
- Tryggvi Björgvinsson
- James G. Boram Kim