What data is expected?
5 days forecast of temperature, precipitation and wind as well as recorded data for temperature, wind and precipitation for the past year. In order to satisfy the minimum requirements for this category, data submitted should meet the following criteria:
- 5 days forecast of temperature updated daily
- 5 days forecast of wind updated daily
- 5 days forecast of precipitation updated daily
- Historical temperature data for the past year
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Unsure
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? No published by The Korea Meteorological Administration (KMA))
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The Korea Meteorological Administration (KMA) provides only 3 days forecast of temperature, precipitation, and wind. For 5 days forecast, they only provide weather and temperature information. The same data is available in machine-readable formats via Web APIs, but it requires the pre-registration step.
Recorded data for temperature, precipitation, and wind for the last year or so is available on the site called "National Climate Data Service System (NCDSS)," and it is publicly available in machine-readable formats.
All the datasets are not openly licensed, but copyrighted by KMA.
This submission was altered to indicate that the data does in fact exist. It's accepted on the basis of the dataset containing 3 days of forecast data for temperature, wind, and precipitation. Historical data is also available for the previous year.
- Neal Bastek
- James G. Boram Kim