What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (WMS, WMTS, SHP, PDF)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? No(as Swiss Raster Map published by Federal Office of Topography swisstopo)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
A raster map with the scale 1:1.000.000 as well as several vector and geology datasets are provided for free. Additional data is sold via the online shop. An interactive map viewer with all available layers and visualization of changes over time is available here. A catalogue of all existing geospatial data is available on a specific data catalogue for geo-data with detailed meta-descriptions and detailed information on updates to topographical maps. Several geographic data sets will also be available on the Swiss Open Government Data Portal.
I found that one must register in order to download even the free content, thus it is not public. The terms and conditions one approves when downloading clearly state that this is not free for commercial use.
- Gil Zaretzer
- Oleg Lavrovsky