What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Unsure (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Unsure
- Is the data machine readable? Unsure (n/a)
- Available in bulk? Unsure
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Unsure
- Publicly available? Unsure
- Is data in digital form? Unsure
- Is the data available online? Unsure (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Unsure
There is a map of Syrian provinces on The ministry of tourism official website (http://www.syriatourism.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=My_eGallery&file=index&do=showgall&gid=263).
The page for Syrian map has an error (http://www.syriatourism.org/modules/My_eGallery/public/nmpopupa.php?z=/servers/gallery/nopic.gif&n=123457746)
The Ministry of Tourism's city plans don't meet our criteria, for many obvious reasons, the national map doesn't apear to work, and it's understandable, so I'm keeping this as unsure since the data might exist.
- Gil Zaretzer
- Sadeek Hasna