What data is expected?
This data category requires results by constituency / district for all major national electoral contests. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Result for all major electoral contests
- Number of registered votes
- Number of invalid votes
- Number of spoiled ballots
- All data should be reported at the level of the polling station
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes published by Independent High Authority for Elections)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Disclaimer: Parliamentary Elections were held on Oct 26th, 2014 and the Presidential election is scheduled on November 23rd 2014 - This submission to the Open Data Index was made on November 20th, 2014
Preliminary results from the Oct 2014 election are available here: http://www.isie.tn/documents/arrete-resultats-preliminaires.pdf
Data on the 2011 elections is available from the Instance supérieure independante pour les élections (in Arabic). This data, not available in machine readable formats, was scrapped and used to build: http://tunisiaelectiondata.org/# (Mourakiboun, Development Seed, Democracy International). However, the links from Tunisia Election Data and from the 2013 Global Open Data Index to 2011 election data are now dead.
Reviewer: When surveyed after the parliamentary elections and after the first round of the presidential (on Nov 26), the ISIE website provided preliminary results from the presidential elections and additional information and data on the parliamentary elections. See: http://www.isie.tn/documents/%D9%82%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%B1%20%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AA%D8%B5%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%AD%20%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%86%D8%AA%D8%A7%D8%A6%D8%AC%20%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A3%D9%88%D9%84%D9%8A%D8%A9%20%D9%84%D9%84%D8%AF%D9%88%D8%B1%D8%A9%20%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A3%D9%88%D9%84%D9%89%20%D9%84%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%86%D8%AA%D8%AE%D8%A7%D8%A8%D8%A7%D8%AA%20%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D8%A6%D8%A7%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A9.pdf
I would thus consider information to be released on a timely basis -- even if the "data" is print-out, manually signed and then re-scanned PDF.
The submission is correct.
- Kamil Gregor
- Tarek Amr