What data is expected?
Records of actual (past) national government spending at a detailed transactional level; A database of contracts awarded or similar will not considered sufficient. This data category refers to detailed ongoing data on actual expenditure. Data submitted in this category should meet the following minimum criteria:
- Individual record of transactions.
- Date of the transactions
- Government office which had the transaction
- Name of vendor
- amount of the transaction
- Update on a monthly basis
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? No
- Publicly available? No
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? No (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Since this year's criterion requires Individual record of transactions, date of the transactions, government office which had the transaction and name of vendor, we do not think the data provided by the government meets such criterion.
See last year's comment below.
Some data annual expenditure data can also be accessed here: http://www.finances.gov.tn/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=127&Itemid=303&lang=fr
As yearly (high level) data is available, we can safely assume that the government has monthly data as well but this is not available online.
Via the Open Data Tunisia portal, the most recent budget/spending data is from 2012 (PDF) http://www.data.gov.tn/fr/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=viewlink&link_id=40&Itemid=187
This does however indicate that the data exists and the Open Budget Library has year end reports for 2014 which indicate digital form.
- Tryggvi Björgvinsson
- Tarek Amr