National Map 0% open
United Arab Emirates
What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Unsure (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Unsure
- Is the data machine readable? Unsure (n/a)
- Available in bulk? Unsure
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Unsure
- Publicly available? Unsure
- Is data in digital form? Unsure
- Is the data available online? Unsure (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Unsure
It is difficult to find out if such a map exists and what body is responsible for it due to the federal system of the UAE. Individual emirates, or states, could be responsible for maintaining and publishing their own maps. For example, the emirate of Abu Dhabi has a website for geospatial information ( https://sdi.abudhabi.ae/ ) , but naturally covers only its own territory and not the territory of other emirates.
My review and search found similar results, however, it is worth noting that the UAE has a Data Portal, with a lot of data, I couldn't find anything on maps, yet. Link to the data portal: http://bayanat.ae/
- Gil Zaretzer
- Riyadh Al-Balushi