What data is expected?
List of registered (limited liability) companies. The submissions in this data category does not need to include detailed financial data such as balance sheet etc. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Name of company
- Unique identifier of the company
- Company address
- Updated at least once a month
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes(Here)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (CSV)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes(as Free Company Data Product - A downloadable data snapshot containing basic company data of live companies on the register. published by Companies House)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Companies House, the public body responsible for maintaining company registers in the UK, has since June 2012 made available a subset of the fields of the register for all companies for bulk download as monthly 'snapshot', at no charge and on an open basis. The specifications for the data are documented at https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/370248/CompanyDataProductDataset.pdf and meets the minimum requirements of the definition of this element of the OKFN Census 2013. Additionally, full information from individual company registers is no longer subject to payment. Data is timely and was last updated on Oct 1st, 2015.
All fields satisfied, no issues. Updated title and short description and details fields.
- Rebecca Sentance
- Mor Rubinstein