What data is expected?
Key national statistics such as demographic and economic indicators (GDP, unemployment, population, etc). To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- GDP for the whole country updated at least quarterly
- Unemployment statistics updated at least monthly
- Population updated at least once a year
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes(Here)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (CSV, Excel, XML)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes published by Office for National Statistics)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The UK's Office for National Statistics has primary responsibility for maintaining and publishing national economic and demographic information (including the Census). ONS material is re-usable under the terms of the Open Government Licence and UK Government Licensing Framework. Each of the datasets is downloadable in full, machine-readable formats (mainly Excel, but some also available in CSV and XML).
Data available in multiple formats in open format.
- Zach Christensen
- Mor Rubinstein